Friday, May 8, 2009

How many nick names can you give a baby?

Sweet Pea, Doodle, Baby, Cry Baby, Little Buddy and Crank are all "names" we (I) use when referring to Leighton. Don't you just love to make up names to call a sweet little baby? I think my favorite might just be "little buddy" because that is the name that Analayne started using on her own and it is just sheer, sweetness to hear her talking to Leighton and refer to him as her, "little buddy." Crank is the nickname that Mimi started in reference to Leighton's funny cranking noises he makes as he gears up for a good cry!

Analayne still gets confused and says things to Leighton like, "Hi, sissy." I then say, "Analayne you are the "sissy" he is your brother." She knows she is the sister and therefore would correct herself. However, lately I think she is giving up on being so gender specific because I noticed she is now just going up to him and saying, "Hi little baby."

1 comments:

Tabitha said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that does that! When Andrew was little I called him 'Sweet Pea' too. Amber (who was 3) would say 'Seet Pea' and 'Seeter Pea' so it eventually became that we all called him 'Seeter Pea' for a while!