Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas Does Not Really End...

We had such a great Christmas this year. The excitement at our house was off the charts and I must say that this Lackey household is blessed! I know a certain 3 year old who should never ever tell me that she is bored because I can locate about a million fun and entertaining toys for her to play with. We celebrated Christmas beginning on Christmas Eve morning by going to Gob and Minnie's house for breakfast and family gift opening. Then that evening we went to our church's candle light service, which helped to definitely remind us all of the true meaning of Christmas. On Christmas morning we played with all the fun things Santa brought and then Mimi, Poppa, G-pop and Gigi came over to our house for breakfast and we opened more gifts. On Christmas night we went to Uncle Mike and Aunt Kay's house for the Christmas family fun night and had a blast there too!

Despite the fact that December 25th is over I am reminded everyday of the fun we have had. Analayne is still singing Christmas carols and telling me about baby Jesus and how Mary had a baby just like mommy is having a baby. What I love is that I always respond to her by saying, well mommy is having a baby but the angel did not come to mommy and mommy is not naming the baby Jesus. By the way in case you have not heard, we are naming our baby Leighton (pronounced Ley-ton). Only 7 more weeks to go --- Yippee! Below are some pictures from our Christmas season.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My how she's growing up! I'm glad that you had a great christmas :) Wow, only 7 more weeks until the baby....how exciting! I hope to be able to meet him before he's one and to reconnect w/ Analayne, you and Russ too!!! I think of you guys often and miss you always.

Love,
Dana