Thursday, February 26, 2009

Freedom Rings

For about the past year Analayne's bedtime has been loosely formed at our house. She would go to bed anywhere between 9:30-10:00pm but would take a nap for almost 2 hours each afternoon. The schedule worked but we were pulling our hair out at night because the late night bedtime was about more than we could handle. Well, I knew that with baby #2 coming very soon her sleep schedule was about to get blown out of the water. In addition, I was keeping in mind that the preschool program we have her enrolled in for the fall does not schedule a nap time, so I should probably start letting her skip the nap and try to get her bedtime to a more REASONABLE hour!

So I talked to Russ about the situation and he agreed that more time at night would be a big blessing for us both and that we should try a new schedule. One of the downfalls to her going to bed early is that in the spring/summer/early fall months Analayne will have very limited time with her dad during his work week because he works late (which is really the reason we had the later bedtime to begin with).

Despite this we decided our no nap decision would be best. This is our first week with our "new schedule" and it is working for us. However, every day Analayne still falls asleep for a cat-nap sometime in the afternoon. Sometimes the nap occurs in the car and sometimes she just falls out on the floor wherever she is at the time. Today she climbed under the office desk! She usually sleep for 30-45 minutes and then wakes up ready to go but that's okay, its working and every night around 8:30 I can't help but think.... Freedom Rings!

Check out her sleeping arrangement from today.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! I actually read somewhere the other day that kids aren't totally ready to give up the nap until around age 5...but a good 30-45 minute nap every day sounds good to me (and I'm well past the age of giving up a nap!!)
Good luck with your new schedule!! I hope it continues to work well for you all!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sound asleep good girl now I can get your pants and knickers off and eat your lovely little p-ssy