Friday, September 11, 2009

Going to Preschool

In June I made the mistake of telling the most social child ever that she would begin preschool in the fall. It was definitely a mistake to begin preparing her so early because I would conservatively estimate that she asked me no less than 3,000 times if she would be going to school "today?" Each day you can imagine my secretive rolling eyes as I patiently and gently replied, "no not today." However, on September 7th the day finally arrived and I helped Analayne get dressed, pack her lunch, get her backpack ready and load into the car for her first day at preschool. I can truly say that I was excited for her. As I have mentioned before this kid is full of spunk and tenacity (have I mentioned that I LOVE this about her?) and I know this year is going to be just great for her. Her excitement about her learning environment is awesome! We are now 3 weeks into the school year and she is just soaking up every thing. She has new stories to tell me everyday. She especially loves the class pet (a hermit crab named Herbby) and thus far I am pretty sure she is a fan of the playground...specifically the sand. I always know she has been in the sand box when she gets into the car, takes her shoes off and pours some sand out. It took me two days to realize that the smarter thing to do would be emptying her shoes before we got in the car! Here are some pics of the first day of school.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...Preschool! I know she'll love it :) I love reading about your adventures with Analayne!

DV