Saturday, July 21, 2007

What's Your Name?

Just last week Analayne really started calling me "mommy" instead of Ma-ma. She also started saying "daddy" instead of da-da. When Russ leaves for work in the morning we go through what we are now calling "role call." Role call is when Analayne says, "where daddy go?" in which I reply "he went to work." Then Analayne says, "where mommy go?" and I say, "mommy is going to stay with you today. Do you want to play?" Then she starts repeating every name of every family member or friend she can recall. It's a real hoot!

Well, yesterday as we were eating lunch at Mimi's house (prior to me going to work---it was a Friday!) I began playing a little game. I would say, "Analayne, what's my name?" and she would reply, "MOMMY." Then I started saying, "what's your name?" and to my surprise she said, "Annie" and smiled really big. I then said, "your name is Analayne." We did this several times and each time she would smile really big and say, "Annie." Now, what's really funny and sentimental to me about all of this is that when I was little that was my nick-name. My daddy would call me Annie. As I got older the nick-name eventually faded away. It's been years since I have been called that (or heard that name). However, I always liked the name, Annie. In fact, it was on my list of names that I liked when Russ and I were searching for the perfect name for our little girl. However, it was brought to my attention (by me dear sweet hubby) that Annie might not be a good choice for our little girl, since she was being born to one red-headed daddy and one curly headed mommy. Russ even joked around saying he would have to shave his head and call himself "daddy no-bucks." Needless, to say the name fell off the list and we moved on. Now, I feel like I get to call her Annie if I want too!

I love having multiple names. I love being Leeanne, mommy, mama, and aunt Lee-Lee! There is room enough in this world to get to enjoy multiple names. It sure does make life more fun!

0 comments: